Enjoy our Video Tour Select FULL screen for best viewing
Glamour on Board: Fashion from Titanic the Movie
February 9 – May 13, 2018
The stylish fashions and luxurious travels of the Vanderbilts launch at Biltmore with a stunning new exhibition, Glamour on Board: Fashion from Titanic the Movie. Dazzling costumes from the iconic film—representing the extensive wardrobes required by transatlantic travelers like George and Edith Vanderbilt in the early 1900s—will be displayed in the grand rooms of Biltmore House. This is the first large-scale exhibition of fashions from Titanic, which won a record 11 Oscars including Best Picture and Best Costume Design.
More than 45 film costumes evoke the lifestyle of the era, when voyages on the great ocean liners of the early 20th century offered high society and luxury on ships known as “Floating Palaces.” First class passengers took every opportunity to see and be seen in the finest fashions of the time, from strolling the promenade deck to attending elegant formal dinners. And, just like in Titanic, the days at sea fostered friendships and romances, including Vanderbilt’s courtship of Edith Stuyvesant Dresser.
Learn more about the Vanderbilts’ extensive travels while marveling at the exquisite detail meticulously recreated for these award-winning fashions.
5. Safe, secure, quiet residential location in Weaverville. Short walk to restaurants and shopping on our Main Street. 10 Minutes to everything Asheville, Blue Ridge Parkway, Biltmore.
4. We are not for sale. 17 years under same ownership. 31 years in operation.
3. Your innkeeper/owners are your hosts. We are here to give you personal service. You will deal with Howard and Kristen not hired staff.
2. Affordable B&B experience. All the same amenties and quality found in an Asheville B&B but at a lower cost. Rooms start at $125.
1. 100% guarantee. If there is any problem with your stay we will make it right. If you are still not satisfied, and can tell us in person that your stay with us was not to your expectations, we will refund your money. No other B&B will make this statement.
Outdoor Adventure Information
Navitat Canopy Tour Check this out. One fabulous experience just 20 minutes north of us. Viewing the world from high in a massive tree or watching a bird fly below you…
Reasons To Pick Dry Ridge Inn…
5 Reasons to choose the Dry Ridge Inn B & B 5. Safe, secure, quiet residential location in Weaverville. Short walk to restaurants and shopping on our Main Street. 10 Minutes…
About the Dry Ridge Inn Bed…
The original portion of the Dry Ridge Inn was built in 1849 as a parsonage for, what was at that time, the Salem Campground, a religious revival camping area that had…